18 and older
If you have the basics of Excel down, and you want to start taking your knowledge to the next level, then this class is for you. In this class — ideal for people working in business, management, or simply interested in getting more organized — you’ll learn everything you need to perform at a high level in Excel. This includes formula writing, combining formulas, creating basic to intermediate charts, and of course the ultra-powerful Pivot Tables.
This class will give you the tools to be a more desirable job candidate and a more productive worker.Takeaways
Prereqs & Preparation
- A review of basic formula writing, including when to use Absolute & Relative references
- Level One data analysis geared to quickly pulling needed information out of large data sets
- Intermediate Formulas, such as VLookup, If, SumIf, and variants such as SumIf and CountIf
- Combining Formulas to accomplish needed tasks such as a cleaning, editing, or analyzing data sets
- How to create and modify Pivot Tables to analyze large quantities of data quickly and effectively
- Students should have a general familiarity with Excel, including knowing how to navigate a spreadsheet, and how to copy & paste.
- Please bring a laptop with Microsoft Office installed, along with a notepad and pen.
The instructor will be using a PC, however all functions/features will work on a Mac. If you'd like, we recommend bringing your own raw data if you're interested in building a dashboard around your data. We will have sample data if you do not have your own.
This is an interactive class, and your participation and questions are encouraged.
For students enrolling in 12 week part time and immersive classes, it is not recommended that you book more than one class simultaneously.