18 and older
Unlock data-driven insights with code.
During our Python-focused introductory workshop, you’ll learn to harness the power of an essential programming language for data scientists and use it to drive accurate business insights. Working with real-world examples, you’ll:
Chart your own career path
- Touch on fundamental Python programming techniques and tools.
- Discover the history of Python and how it compares to other programming languages.
- Discuss its applications in data analysis and the types of problems it can solve.
- See where Python programming fits into the data workflow.
- Apply your new skills to solve a real-world problem with Python.
. Pick up where this workshop leaves off. Enhance your professional skill set with Python skills in our 10-week, part-time Data Science
course or become job-ready with our 12-week, full-time Data Science Immersive
Prereqs & Preparation
- Discuss the history of Python and its use across different industries.
- Define how Python compares to other programming languages.
- Describe the benefits of a Python workflow when working with data.
- Demonstrate basic understanding of Python programming fundamentals.
- Apply Python code to solve a sample world data problem.
beforehand. Tip: Scroll to your operating system version and click on the install button for Anaconda with Python 2.7. Note: We'll be using Python version 2.7
in this workshop.
If you are using a PC, please install the git for windows terminal.
Additional Preparation Optional: Install a text editor like Sublime Text 3
on your computer. Technical Considerations
: For students on Windows, you’ll need Microsoft Windows 8/10 (32- or 64-bit). For those with Macs, you’ll need the Mac OS X 10.8.5 or higher, up to 10.11.4 (El Capitan).
For students enrolling in 12 week part time and immersive classes, it is not recommended that you book more than one class simultaneously.