Thankfully we have 8 other Black and White Photography Classes for you to choose from. Check our top choices below or see all classes for more options.
This class isn't on the schedule at the moment, but
save it to your Wish List to find out when it comes back!
If you're enrolled in an upcoming date, this simply means that date has now sold out.
This course is available for "remote" learning and will be available to anyone with access to an internet device with a microphone (this includes most models of computers, tablets). Classes will take place with a "Live" instructor at the date/times listed below.
Upon registration, the instructor will send along additional information about how to log-on and participate in the class.
Still have questions? Ask the community.
We are allowing students to reschedule and waiving the fee.
1. Refund Policy for Courses
• PhotoUno offers a 93% refund for students who notify us of withdrawal from a course seven days prior to the course's start date. The remaining 7% will cover administrative costs.
• We also offer a 50% refund for withdrawals 6 days before the course is set to begin and between class #1 and #2.
• As of class 2 we do not provide refunds or credits.
• Tuition is non-transferable.
• Once you’ve registered for a course there is a $45 fee for transferring into another section.
Student Satisfaction Guarantee
If you are not satisfied after attending all classes of any of our 3 week, 5 week or 6 week courses we will provide you with a full refund.
2. Refund Policy for Crash Courses
• PhotoUno offers a 93% refund for students who notify us of withdrawal from Crash Course 1 or Crash Course 2, 72 hours before the class begins. The remaining 7% will cover administrative costs.
• After 72 hours we will provide you with a credit which you will be able to use for a future date plus a $45 transfer fee.
3. Refund Policy for private classes
• Due to administrative costs, PhotoUno offers a 93% refund for students who cancel their scheduled class more than 24 hours in advance.
• Students who have registered for a private class may reschedule without any additional fees up to 24 hours in advance.
• There is an additional $50 fee for students that re-schedule less than 24 hours in advance.
• There is no refund for students who cancel less than 24 hours in advance.
4. Refund Policy for outdoor classes, seminars and workshops
PhotoUno will provide a refund only when the event is cancelled or rescheduled by the school.
At PhotoUno our main objective is to make your experience at our school as pleasant as possible. Keeping this in mind, we understand that students who enroll in our courses may need to miss a class due to unplanned circumstances.
Although PhotoUno has no obligation to provide make-up classes for students who can’t attend a class of the course they have signed up for, we will do our best to find a solution by:
1. Finding possible sections of the class for the student to attend in order to follow the sequence of the course. This option is free. This can be done up to two times for every course.
2. If we are unable to find a convenient date, we will offer the option of a private make up class that will be charged at a rate of $35 an hour.
PhotoUno is not obligated to grant student requests to switch courses.
This class isn't on the schedule at the moment, but save it to your Wish List to find out when it comes back!
PhotoUno is a NYC based digital photography
school. It is a dream that was made possible through hard work and
dedication. Patricia Burmicky, the head instructor at PhotoUno, began
her photography career in Venezuela. However, life decided to transport
her and Francisco (her husband)...
This school has been carefully vetted by CourseHorse and is a verified NYC educator.
Convert color images to black and white and take advantage of Lightroom’s Tone Curve and Split Toning tools to further enhance your images.
Saturday Oct 3rd, 10am - 11:30am Pacific Time
Learn how to bring the most out of your photographs and make them stand out! In Editing in Lightroom, students will learn how to analyze a photograph and understand what needs to be corrected and post processed. This course will focus on Lightroom's Develop module and all of its tabs. Students will learn to perform functions such as white...
Monday Sep 14th, 6pm - 8pm Eastern Time(5 sessions)
Good composition is the essence of impactful images. But how do we define a “good composition?” In this course, your instructor will answer this question with tangible rules, so your technique can be more scientific than mystical. Similar to how learners of a new language use grammar to structure their sentences, aspiring photographers can use...
Friday Aug 21st, 10am - 12pm Central Time
In this beginning workshop, students will learn all the controls and functions on their digital Single Lens Reflex (SLR) or mirrorless cameras, basic camera operation (including f-stop, shutter speed and ISO), fundamental concepts of photography, and how to control the photograph’s final look. Discussions include composition and light, how to get...
Saturday Sep 12th, 9am - 12pm Pacific Time(6 sessions)
This workshop focuses on the most essential workflow and developing features of the Adobe Lightroom Classic with the needs of the photographer in mind. Students will learn how to import, sort, organize and enhance their digital images, as well as batch process groups of images, quickly and efficiently. In addition to the software’s new...
Monday Sep 14th, 7pm - 10pm Pacific Time(6 sessions)
Have you ever wanted to make your images look a certain way, but didn’t know how to do it in Lightroom or Photoshop? This interactive workshop, tailored to participants’ interests, is designed to help you achieve the editing results you aspire to. Work with HCP instructor, Lou Benjamin, and analyze your photos and devise editing strategies to accomplish...
Friday Oct 2nd, 4pm - 6pm Central Time(4 sessions)
Beginning Photoshop is a core fundamental class for photographers. Using Adobe Photoshop CC, the course teaches the most important tools, composition and basic image optimization, helping students to understand the process behind simple photo correction. The class will cover: Photoshop Interface and Tools Overview a. Preferences b. Color settings...
Tuesday Sep 15th, 6pm - 9pm Pacific Time(6 sessions)
Participants will learn how to apply “silvering out” techniques of chromoskedasic sabattier and Halo-chroming will be employed to create mirror-like, metallic areas on black and white prints. A familiarity with basic darkroom techniques will be assumed but is not required. Required Materials: Attendees should bring digital image files, existing...
Saturday Oct 10th, 10am - 6pm Eastern Time(2 sessions)
Know someone who would like this class but not sure of their schedule? (We recommend this!)
Know their schedule better than your own? Book a date and time directly.
Get special date and rate options for your group. Submit the form below and we'll get back to you within 2 business hours with pricing and availability.