21 and older
Step aboard the teak decks of our elegant 1920s style yachts, the Manhattan and Manhattan II, and enjoy NYC's architectural landmarks from the water. The "Around Manhattan" tour narration, provided by members of the American Institute of Architects’ (AIA) NYC chapter, is general enough for visitors yet detailed enough for the locals.
Aboard the yachts, experience a comfortable and unique tour through the Hudson, East, and Harlem Rivers from the climate-controlled and enclosed back-deck observatory or wander to the outer decks for fresh air and sunlight with a complimentary beverage in hand. Guests are treated to a complimentary beer, wine or champagne from the bar & light snacks as well as soda, water, tea or coffee. Additional beverages and a full bar are available for purchase.
On this 2.75-hour cruise, you will circumnavigate the island of Manhattan (passing under all 18 bridges) while taking in monuments, architecture, parks and infrastructure. Highlights, topics and themes of the AIANY tour include:
- Exploration of planning visions for both reclaiming the post-industrial waterfront, as the "6th Borough", and addressing rising sea levels
- Insightful coverage of Manhattan's classic spires, including the Chrysler and Woolworth Buildings, as well as a sharp focus on the new World Trade Center buildings and recent "starchitecture" boom; including buildings by Frank Gehry and other noted international and local architects
- The greater waterfront access allowed by new parks and recreation piers including the ecologically driven features designed by leading landscape architects
- The Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, and the newest waterfront monument: Roosevelt Island's FDR Four Freedoms Park
- NYC's engineering masterpieces: the Brooklyn and George Washington Bridges as well as lesser known "swing bridges" along the Harlem River
- The adaptation of the Highline as an elevated, linear park and its role in the development of West Chelsea and Hudson Yards.
- The story of post WWII urban renewal and public housing along the waterfronts of the Lower East Side and East Harlem.
Need to Know
- This cruise is a heavily-narrated tour experience. It's for those seeking an informative, exciting, and content-rich trip. We require guest conversations to be kept to a reasonable level so that narration can be heard by all.
- Due to this cruise being a heavily-narrated tour experience, we strongly discourage children under 14 aboard. We recommend families to join us on Statue & Skyline tours, day sails or any other minimally narrated day time event.
School Notes: For your security, at check-in, you are required to present a valid photo identification that must be identical to the contact name listed on your booking.