18 and older
This course teaches the fundamentals of Windows PowerShell 5.0 command line interface and scripting language—one step at a time. This practical course delivers learn-by-doing exercises, timesaving tips, and hands-on sample scripts for performing administrative tasks on both local and remote Windows systems.
Who should take this course:
- IT professionals and power users who want to get productive with Windows PowerShell, including new features in Windows PowerShell 5
- Windows system administrators who want to be more efficient and productive
- Anyone pursuing Windows PowerShell certifications
- Chapter 1: Overview of Windows PowerShell 5.0
- Chapter 2: Using Windows PowerShell cmdlets
- Chapter 3: Understanding and using Windows PowerShell providers
- Chapter 4: Using Windows PowerShell remoting and jobs
- Chapter 5: Using Windows PowerShell scripts
- Chapter 6: Working with functions
- Chapter 7: Creating advanced functions and modules
- Chapter 8: Using the Windows PowerShell ISE
- Chapter 9: Working with Windows PowerShell profiles
- Chapter 10: Using WMI
- Chapter 11: Querying WMI
- Chapter 12: Remoting WMI
- Chapter 13: Calling WMI methods on WMI classes
- Chapter 14: Using the CIM cmdlets
- Chapter 15: Working with Active Directory
- Chapter 16: Working with the AD DS module
- Chapter 17: Deploying Active Directory by using Windows PowerShell
- Chapter 18: Debugging scripts
- Chapter 19: Handling errors
- Chapter 20: Using the Windows PowerShell workflow
- Chapter 21: Managing Windows PowerShell DSC
- Chapter 22: Using the PowerShell Gallery
No experience with Windows PowerShell or other scripting technologies are necessary to take this course.Headsets for free, Guaranteed to Run, Re-Takes for free (Up to 6 months), Interactive Classroom environment.Registration Note:
We can only accept students into our classes whose tuition is being paid by an employer or sponsoring organization. Self-paying individuals cannot enroll.
Courseware (if a course has a Courseware) will be shipped to the address provided two weeks before the class starts. Make sure that the additional info field is properly and correctly filled out to avoid Courseware being lost in transit. Please also note that P.O. Box addresses are not allowed.
The classes are instructor-led live training you attend in a local classroom or from your home/office. Our instructors teach from a remote location while being able to interact with students as in a traditional classroom setting.
Instructors can view student progress and take control of their PC to provide direct assistance. Students can see the instructor's presentation as well as voice questions directly to the instructor and participate in class discussions.