18 and older
User experience design is often misunderstood as simply interface design, but is actually comprised of many moving parts beyond the visual aspect–a good user experience also takes into account how the user feels. In this hands-on UX training, you’ll learn about the complete UX design process, including user research, product requirements, information architecture, user flows, sketching and wireframing, prototyping and usability testing, development and post-development.
Whether you are exploring a new career or are looking to better understand the role of UX designers on your team, this User Experience course is the perfect primer to learn more about the user experience design process. This UX class will blend lecture, discussion, industry examples, and classroom activities. You'll leave the class with a broad understanding of how UX designers work with other team members, fundamentals of the industry, and how designers move from research insights to design concepts.What You’ll Learn
- Learn the UX design process
- Learn research methods, and conduct a user interview
- Understand UX terms: personas, journey maps, scenarios
- Sketch a prototype for an app
- Turn your sketch into an app prototype on your phone
- What is UX and why is it important?
- Product Requirements
- Information Architecture + Navigation
- User Flows
- Usability Testing
- After Development