18 and older
This workshop will teach you the core concepts of databases as well as how to write effective SQL queries you can use in your everyday work.
We will spend a quarter of the workshop reviewing database theory and the majority of the time going through examples.
Also, this workshop will teach you advanced concepts of databases as well as how to write effective SQL queries you can use in your everyday work. Going over the major topics a data scientist should know when working with databases. As well as all parts of the CRUD functions of data.
The course will be highly interactive and engaging - questions are encouraged!
Who this program is for:
This workshop is for beginners. We will start with basic examples and gradually move toward more complex SQL queries. By the end of this course, you’ll know how to write SQL and work with databases to solve business problems and produce management reports.
You will learn:
- What databases are and why they are important
- The different “flavors” of databases
- Connecting to your work’s database
- The four operations you can perform on data
- The fundamental parts of a SQL query
- Analytical queries: GROUP BY
- Subqueries and Joins
- Statistical functions in SQL
- String and regular expressions
- Working with dates and intervals
- Window functions, and ranking
Prerequisites & Preparation,
Laptop (any laptop with a browser)