Accurate and reliable residential valuations are in demand. Build on your existing knowledge of valuation by studying the leading industry valuation techniques for residential property and gain experience in calculating valuations.
Valuation underpins all residential property-based transactions, and with over five million homes bought and sold in the US in 2017, accurate and reliable valuations are in demand and essential.
Building on your existing foundation of valuation knowledge, this course has been designed to give you the practical skills required for residential valuation, focusing on the main competencies of valuation practice. This includes guidance and best practice on how to gather the required information, complete a valuation using the appropriate method, and to write Red Book compliant reports to RICS as well as international standards.
With these newly developed skills, you will have a breadth of knowledge to apply the principles of residential valuation on a day to day basis and demonstrate to your employer and clients your ability to complete residential property valuations to an international standard.Course Benefits
This course will give you the breadth of knowledge required to apply the principles of residential valuation on a day to day basis.
Who Should Attend
- Never be daunted by the less common residential valuation challenges in the UK (such as new build and HMO's) again.
- Your terms of engagement and valuation reports for every valuation instruction will comply with Valuation Standards.
- Understand how to evidence comparable valuation analysis and create an audit trail with appropriate due diligence.
- You will be able to consider a wider range of valuation instructions from buy to let to building plots.
- You will approach the use of modern methods of Proptech and the latest thinking in market analyses with a pragmatic business focus.
- APC and Assoc. candidates who are on the valuation or Residential Valuation pathway or other candidates
- Any other professionals with at least 2 years of experience in valuation or who have completed the RICS Valuation Foundation Program and wish to specialize or work with residential property valuations.
- Professionals who need to create or work with Residential Valuations on a day to day basis including valuers and professionals working in finance functions or departments who use residential valuation reports as part of their decision-making process.
The course is composed of 4 technical modules which will cover the application of the valuation competencies of inspection, measurement and valuation methodologies as required to value residential property as well as best practice for drafting residential property valuation reports:
Learning resources format
- Module 0: Course Introduction
- Module 1: The Inspection – Context & Information
- Module 2: The Valuation Part 1 – Using Comparable Method
- Module 3: The Valuation Part 2 – Using Less Common Methods
- Module 4: The Report: Writing an RICS compliant report
Within each module will be dedicated e-learning sessions. Within these courses delegates will gain an understanding around the practical techniques and international standards required within the construction and quantity surveying pathway.Reading material
Learners will further study and understanding of the methodologies with the directed reading material. Sourced from textbooks and articles, these readings support development throughout the course program.Case study
Technical case studies provide examples of practice, within these case studies participants will practice the theory taught within the module. Responses will be shared within the online forums.Discussion forum
Questions, comments, case studies will be posted to the forum (one module) with the objective of allowing the participants to reflect on the e-learning and also to discuss their own experiences under each module heading around QS practice.End of module quiz
At the end of each module is a short quiz, to check understanding of the content and to help track progress.Live web classes
On completion of all the technical modules, participants will be required to attend one 1.5 hour live online web class. The structure of this session is to provide a detail overview of the practices and principles of QS. Provide participants with an open live forum to discuss their own interpretations and understanding of the learning outcomes of the course.