18 and older
Data analytics is in the midst of an evolution. In today’s digital world, the practice of decision makers relying on information to be delivered to them is no longer sufficient to keep pace. Tableau is software that puts access to data, and the insights it can unlock, directly in the hands of those who need it. The software is designed to help people see and understand data and offers a powerful yet intuitive and easy to use method of visually exploring & analyzing data for more effective decision making and strategizing.
Participants will learn how to analyze data and showcase data in a visually insightful manner. This will be a hands-on bootcamp where students will not only learn how to build and publish a dashboard but will also get a sense of how to complete a typical analytics interview case study from tech companies.
Participants will be given a real world dataset for hands-on training throughout the bootcamp. The following are Tableau capabilities that students will walk away with:
- Connecting to data
- Measures v. Dimensions
- Tableau Tips and Tricks
- Filters, Parameters and Calculations
- Use Quick Table Calculation
- Predictions and Forecasts
- Data Visualization
- Fundamentals of Data Visualization
- Creating Dashboards
- Advanced Visualizations
- Maps with Tableau
- Publishing with Tableau
- Understand the difference between Groups and Sets
- Control Sets with Parameters
- Tableau Desktop vs. Tableau Server vs. Tableau Public
Prereqs & Preparation
- Students will know how to use and apply Tableau for real world datasets
- Understand the end-to-end process to build a dashboard
- Master data visualization concepts and fundamental principles
- Please bring a Laptop
- Free Tableau trial downloaded to laptop. A site key will be provided to you by the instructor 24 hours before class.
For students enrolling in 12 week part time and immersive classes, it is not recommended that you book more than one class simultaneously.