18 and older
Multiprotocol Label Switching integrates the performance and traffic-management capabilities of data link Layer 2 with the scalability and flexibility of network Layer 3 routing. So, when used in conjunction with other standard technologies, MPLS gives the ability to support value-added features and service offerings.
Implementing Cisco MPLS (MPLS) v4.0 is a 5-day instructor-led class providing students with in-depth knowledge of MPLS and MPLS VPNs design, implementation and configuration skills for new features and functions in an existing routed environment. This class uses IoS (15.2)Target Audience
Primary target audience:
- This course is intended primarily for network administrators, network engineers, network managers and systems engineers who would like to implement MPLS and MPLS Traffic Engineering.
Secondary target audience:
- This course is intended for network designers and project managers. The course is also recommended to all individuals preparing for MPLS exam.
To fully benefit from this course, students should have the following prerequisite skills and knowledge:
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Cisco IOS Software configuration
- Configuring and troubleshooting EIGRP, OSPF, IS-IS and BGP
Skills and knowledge equivalent to those learned in:
- Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices v2.0, Part 1 (ICND1) v2.0 and Part 2 (ICND2) v2.0, or
- Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices: Accelerated Version 2.0 (CCNAX) v2.0
- Implementing Cisco IP Routing (ROUTE) v2.0
- Configuring BGP on Cisco Routers (BGP) v4.0
- Building Cisco Service Provider Next-Generation Networks Part 1 (SPNGN1) v1.2
- Building Cisco Service Provider Next-Generation Networks Part 2 (SPNGN2) v1.2
- Deploying Cisco Service Provider Network Routing (SPROUTE) v1.2
- Deploying Cisco Service Provider Advanced Network Routing (SPADVROUTE) v1.2
After completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the features of MPLS
- Describe how MPLS labels are assigned and distributed
- Configure and troubleshoot frame-mode MPLS on Cisco IOS platforms
- Describe the MPLS peer-to-peer architecture and explain the routing and packet-forwarding model in this architecture
- Configure, monitor, and troubleshoot VPN operations
- Describe how the MPLS VPN model can be used to implement managed services and Internet access
- Describe the various Internet access implementations that are available and the benefits and drawbacks of each model
- Describe the tasks and commands that are necessary to implement MPLS TE
All Sunset Learning Institute classes are taught in an instructor-led, live virtual environment. This price includes a facility fee of $300 (except Reston,VA or Denver, CO) to allow you to take it in a classroom-type environment. If you prefer to take the class from home, the $300 fee will be waived and refunded.