10 and older
Growing up in Japan, Ramen was THE fast food.
Now that Ramen is as popular as Sushi, I decided to teach students the basics of how to make Ramen at home!In this 3-hour totally hands on class you will learn:
Here's what we'll do:
- how to make stocks (Tonkotsu and Chicken)
- how to make Kaeshi (soup base)
- how to make chashu (Pork Belly)
- how to make noodles
- how to make Spicy Pork (tantan men meat)
- how to cook Ramen properly
1. First, you will knead the dough to make your own ramen noodles in the professional kitchen.
2. While it rests, we will serve you samples of 4 differnt types of ramen: Tonkotsu Ramen (Kyushu, Nagahama), Miso Ramen (Sapporo), Shoyu Ramen (Tokyo), and Tantan-men (Chinese)
3. While you enjoy the samples, I will talk about history, regional differences, trend in Japan etc.
4. Next, you will learn how to make pork & chicken stocks and chashu
5. Now you will roll out and cut your own noodles
6. Next you will make your own Kaeshi
7. Finally, you will be cooking your own Ramen with the noodles and the soup you just made.
Your own Ramen taste great after the hard work you put in. Enjoy them with your class mates!
Instructor is professional, licensed and insured.Note:
Wear closed toe shoes and clothes that can get dirty. Bring take out containers to take leftovers.