18 and older
As a ICAgile Certified Professional designation course, this Agile training course offers hands-on practices in Iteration Planning, Product Roadmap and Backlog, Estimating Practices, User Story Development and Iteration Execution.
There is more to Agile development than simply a different style of programming. That's often the easy part. Agile development methods change your approach for requirements gathering, estimation, planning, team development, stakeholder interactions and more. While not a silver bullet, Agile Methodologies have become the most practical way to create outstanding software. We'll explore the leading Agile methodologies. You'll learn the basic premises and techniques behind Agility — so that you can apply them to your projects.
Since the ICP is required to attain any ICAgile Expert certification, it is an excellent way to jumpstart your Agile career. You can include the industry–recognized designation in your signature, resumes, and also display your newly learned Agile skills from the class.
Who Should Attend:
- Structure a team with generalizing specialists so the team can develop working software incrementally
- Practice and maintain a regular cadence when delivering working software each iteration
- Follow the team approach; start as a team, finish as a team — and focus on delivering value to the organization
- Learn the different approach to Agile architecture and design that supports a more incremental and emergent project.
- Gain knowledge and understanding of Agile principles and why they are so important for each team
- Embrace the five levels of planning and recognize the value of continuous planning
- Build a backlog of prioritized and estimated user stories that provides emergent requirements for analysis and foster customer engagement and understanding
- Engage in more effective estimating (story points) and become more accurate by being less precise
- Create accurate Agile release plans that connect you back to business expectations – including hard date commitments and fixed price models
Because this is an immersion course and the intent is to engage in the practices every Agile team will employ, this course is recommended for all team members responsible for delivering outstanding software. That includes, but is not limited to, the following roles:
- Business Analyst
- Technical Analyst
- Project Manager
- Software Engineer/Programmer
- Development Manager
- Product Manager
- Product Analyst
- QA Engineer
- Documentation Specialist
The Agile Boot Camp is a perfect place for cross-functional teams to familiarize themselves with Agile concepts and methodologies and learn the basics of how to function as an Agile team. It's also a wonderful springboard for team building & learning. We invite you to bring your team and a team project to work on in class."Delivered by ASPE, ICAgile Member Organization"