18 and older
This 3 day course covers the fundamental components of the Ruby Programming Language. Learn the principles behind object-oriented programming. You'll also gain a basic understanding of many ancillary technologies such as databases, XML, web frameworks, and networking - some of which are needed as part of a fully functioning Ruby application.
What you'll learn:
- What are the fundamentals of Ruby and its object-oriented building blocks
- How to work with Ruby libraries, gems, and documentation
- How to work with files and databases
- How to write and deploy Ruby applications
- What are the various Ruby web frameworks and how to use them
- How to do network programming with Ruby and more...
Headsets for free, Guaranteed to Run, Re-Takes for free (Up to 6 months), Interactive Classroom environment.Registration Note:
- Let’s Get It Started: Installing Ruby
- Programming = Joy: A Whistle-Stop Tour of Ruby and Object Orientation
- Ruby’s Building Blocks: Data, Expressions, and Flow Control
- Developing Your First Ruby Application
- The Ruby Ecosystem
- Classes, Objects, and Modules
- Projects and Libraries
- Documentation, Error Handling, Debugging, and Testing
- Files and Databases
- Deploying Ruby Applications and Libraries
- Advanced Ruby Features
- Tying It Together: Developing a Larger Ruby Application
- Web Application Frameworks: Rails, Sinatra, and Ramaze
- Ruby and the Internet
- Networking, Sockets, and Daemons
- Useful Ruby Libraries and Gems
- Appendix A. Ruby Primer and Review for Developers
- Appendix B. Useful Resources
We can only accept students into our classes whose tuition is being paid by an employer or sponsoring organization. Self-paying individuals cannot enroll.
Courseware (if a course has a Courseware) will be shipped to the address provided two weeks before the class starts. Make sure that the additional info field is properly and correctly filled out to avoid Courseware being lost in transit. Please also note that P.O. Box addresses are not allowed.
The classes are instructor-led live training you attend in a local classroom or from your home/office. Our instructors teach from a remote location while being able to interact with students as in a traditional classroom setting.
Instructors can view student progress and take control of their PC to provide direct assistance. Students can see the instructor's presentation as well as voice questions directly to the instructor and participate in class discussions.