15 and older
Offering a premium sailing experience, the Schooner America 2.0 is the newest, largest, most elegant ship designed for our fleet. Added to our fleet in 2011, the America 2.0 provides the most exceptional day sailing one can find in New York Harbor.
Her design is influenced by the style of the late 1800s but incorporates technology of the 21st century, thus connecting the past and present beauty, history, and art of sailing in New York Harbor.
A day sail on this 105-foot schooner is perfect for family outings, dates, and entertaining guests from out of town. A sail on America 2.0 is guaranteed to be an memorable experience.
Within five minutes of leaving the dock, you'll forget the mayhem and noise of Manhattan street life as you feel the relaxing breeze of New York Harbor.
You'll take in the famous Manhattan skyline as it was meant to be seen-- from the water -- plus spectacular views of Ellis Island, the Statue of Liberty and the Brooklyn Bridge.
Join us on the Schooner America 2.0 as we sail the harbor of the most famous island in the world!Highlights:
Key Points about this activity:
- Heading south from Chelsea Piers and down the Hudson River to Battery Park, the schooner will pass by Ellis Island and sail out to the Statue of Liberty.
- Wind and time permitting, she will head toward Governors Island, breeze by the Financial District and sail through the Buttermilk Channel.
- Complimentary beer, wine, Champagne and soda, will be provided. (One quick note: We will serve a few rounds, but this is not an unlimited booze cruise. We aim to create an elegant, relaxing, peaceful, and safe experience for all of our guests.)
What Is Not Included?
- Aboard America 2.0 - a modern tribute to the first boat that won the America's Cup in 1851
- Sails past One World Trade Center, Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty
- Includes 3 complimentary rounds of beer, wine, Champagne, soda or bottled water
- Ok to bring a light picnic of your own aboard
- 105 Feet in length and about 3600 square feet of sail area
- Great for families who want to sail and see the sights!
- While a few rounds of complimentary beverages are offered during the trip we do not have food available. However, you may bring your own picnic to enjoy while aboard.
- Gratuity is not included unless you purchased the ‘Groups of 12 or more’ ticket type where a 15% gratuity is automatically applied. If you do end up obtaining 12 or more individual tickets by separate purchases, you will be contacted to make an advance payment of a 15% Group Gratuity.
Chelsea Piers, near 22nd St on the Hudson River (Manhattan, NY)
(Exact meeting location details will be provided immediately upon purchase of tickets.
)While the cruise is mainly a social cruise, it will have a light commentary on the highlights along the way.
School Notes: For your security, at check-in, you are required to present a valid photo identification that must be identical to the contact name listed on your booking.